Editor's note: The 5DayDeal is back, with over $2500 of Lightroom and photography video courses, ebooks and more learning resources for photographers on offer for only $89. It’s on for five days only and includes my brand new video course The Art of Black & White in Lightroom and Beyond. Check it out today. Thanks for reading! Andrew.
My first set of Lightroom Develop Presets, the Vintage Portrait Presets, are published on the Creative Photographer store today.
I created these presets for everybody who wants to learn how to develop beautiful, natural looking portraits in Lightroom.
Have you ever tried to develop portraits in Lightroom and been disappointed with the results? Do your portraits look artificial or plasticky rather than natural? These presets solve that problem. Created with portrait photographers in mind, they give you 31 different vintage looks you can apply to your portraits with a single mouse-click.
The presets come with a 28 page PDF guide that explains how to install and use them, along with Lightroom’s powerful retouching tools, to develop beautiful portraits.
What you will learn with the Vintage Portrait Presets
- How to install the presets in Lightroom.
- How to use the presets to develop beautiful, natural looking portraits.
- How to adapt the Vintage Portrait Presets to the style of your portraits.
- How to enhance your portraits by retouching eyes and skin without going too far.
- How to use Virtual Copies and Snapshots to make more than one version of a portrait.
- How to preserve skin tones in Lightroom.
- When to apply Clarity to your portraits – and when to avoid using it.
- How to use the Graduated and Radial filters to make backgrounds darker.
- How to use the Vintage Portrait Presets with non-portrait photos.
The presets and the accompanying guide give you the tools and knowledge you need to develop beautiful portraits in Lightroom.
The idea behind the Vintage Portrait Presets is to provide you with a set of presets that help you create natural looking portraits in Lightroom. They are also an educational tool – as you learn to use them your confidence in Lightroom will grow and you’ll learn how to take control of Lightroom’s sliders to make your portraits better.
- 31 vintage portrait presets.
- 5 grain presets.
- 4 reset presets.
- 28 page PDF guide to using the Vintage Portrait Presets.
I’ve written a tutorial that shows you how to use the presets to develop and retouch portraits in Lightroom. Click here to read the tutorial.
Here are some before and after examples of portraits developed using the presets.