As the end of the year approaches I’ve put together a list of The Creative Photographer’s ten most popular photography tutorials in 2021. It’s great for me as I can see which topics have been most popular with Google and my readers. And it’s interesting for you as it gives you chance to catch up on any good articles you’ve missed! Here’s the list.
1. Six Things The Square Format Teaches You About Composition
2. Why I Changed from Canon to Fujifilm
3. Phase Detection vs Contrast Detection Autofocus
4. What’s The Best Lens For Family Portraits?
6. How to Digitize Negatives and Slides With a Lightbox and Macro Lens
7. How To Use Figure To Ground In Photography
9. Four Creative Exercises To Make You A Better Photographer
10. How To Take Amazing Close-Up Flower Photos
Six of these articles also appeared in the 2020 most popular photography articles list (the last four are new entries to the top ten).
I thought you’d also like to see my favorite new articles published in 2021 that didn’t make the top ten. There’s lots of good stuff there so go take a look!
1. Creative Photography Exercise: Make Your Own Photo Book
2. Get Inspired With These Black & White Photography Assignments
3. How To Get Out Of A Photography Rut With Creative Assignments
4. How to Choose Photos that Work Together as Prints and Photo Book Layouts
5. How Curiosity and Patience Make You a Better Photographer
6. How To Make An Impressive Photography Portfolio
7. Four Creative Photography Exercises To Make You A Better Photographer
8. Four Composition Mistakes All Photographers Make
9. How To Be A Better Photographer This Year
10. Three Ways the Rule of Thirds Makes You Think About Composition
Thanks for reading. You can get more great articles and tips about photography in my popular Mastering Photography email newsletter. Join today and I’ll send you 47 PhotoTips cards and my ebook Introducing Lightroom Classic . Over 30,000 photographers subscribe. Enter your email now and join us.