As 2019 draws to a close I’ve put together a list of our ten most popular photography (non-Lightroom Classic) tutorials this year. It’s a useful exercise for me as I can see which topics have been most popular with readers. And it’s interesting for you as it gives you chance to catch up on any good articles you’ve missed! Here’s the list.
1. What’s The Best Lens For Family Portraits?
2. Phase Detection vs Contrast Detection Autofocus
3. How to Create Moody Photos
4. Why I Changed from Canon to Fujifilm
5. How Small Cameras Help You Take Better Portraits
6. Six Things The Square Format Teaches You About Composition
7. How to Improve Your Photography by Using Only Two Camera Lenses
8. Four Ways To Add Depth To Photos
9. How to Focus at Wide Apertures
10. How To Take Amazing Close-Up Flower Photos
The most popular photography tutorials from 2018
You might also be interested in seeing our most popular photography tutorials from 2018. The three tutorials marked with an asterix didn’t make it into the 2019 top ten.
1. Phase Detection vs Contrast Detection Autofocus
2. How to Create Moody Photos
3. Taking Portraits with Fujifilm Cameras (note: I rewrote this tutorial and changed the title to How Small Cameras Help You Take Better Portraits).
4. What’s the Best Lens for Family Portraits?
5. Why I Changed From Canon to Fujifilm
6. How to Focus at Wide Apertures
* 7. How to Take Low Light Landscape Photos
* 8. How to Create Mood in Color Photos
* 9. How to Use Soft Light in Photography
10. How to Improve Your Photography by Using Only Two Camera Lenses
Popular Lightroom Classic tutorials
You can also see our most popular Lightroom Classic tutorials in 2019.
Enrol in our free 5 Steps to Better Composition email course!
Start your composition journey now. Get five free lessons plus weekly tips and tips when you join our newsletter 🙂 No spam, ever!
Learn more about composition with our ebooks Mastering Composition Book One, Mastering Composition Book Two and Square.