STORE > MASTERING PHOTOGRAPHY
(all prices in USD)
To those of you new to photography, your digital camera is bound to seem complicated. There are so many controls and buttons. How do you know which ones to use? The truth is that you don’t have to know what every single function on your camera does in order to take great photos. You just need an understanding of the fundamentals, and an eye for a good photo. To help you learn I wrote Mastering Photography – the simple guide you’ve been looking for that teaches you how to use your digital camera.
Mastering Photography is written for you:
- It explains how to use a digital camera in language a complete beginner can easily understand.
- It has depth – you will come back to Mastering Photography time and again as your understanding of photography improves.
- It keeps things simple and shows you only the controls on your camera that you need to use.
- It is full of big, colorful and inspirational photos.
- It explains why composition, an appreciation of beautiful light and post-processing are just as important to creative photographers as knowing which buttons to press and modes to use.
- It has an entire section that explains the story and techniques behind the photos in the ebook.
What you will learn
- What the creative triangle is, and why creative photographers know that photography is about more than selecting which buttons to press on the camera.
- How to move out of your camera’s fully automatic exposure modes and take control of your camera’s settings.
- What your camera’s Mode Dial does, and why you only need to know how to use Programmed Auto (P), Aperture Priority (A) and Shutter Priority (S) modes.
- The role of aperture, shutter speed and ISO in obtaining the optimum exposure.
- How to use the creative aspects of aperture, shutter speed and ISO to create beautiful photos.
- How to prevent camera shake.
- How to use Picture Controls.
- What white balance is and why it matters.
- Why the Raw format is so much easier to use than the JPEG format.
- What the luminance histogram and highlight alert are and how to use them to make sure your photos are well exposed.
Download your copy of Mastering Photography today
Click the Buy Now button to make your purchase and start reading your copy of Mastering Photography right away. Payment is by PayPal or credit card.
What others are saying
“I purchased your new ebook; brilliant.” – Paul
“I love your ebooks and have become a much better photographer thanks to you.” – Hugh
I’m so confident that my ebooks will help improve your photography that I give you an unconditional guarantee. If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with your purchase just let me know within two months and I’ll refund the purchase price in full, no questions asked.
Save money with the following bundles.
Buy Mastering Photography and Mastering Lenses together for just $18.
Buy Mastering Photography and Mastering Exposure together for just $18.
Buy Mastering Photography and The Creative Photographer together for just $18.
Buy Mastering Photography, Mastering Exposure and Mastering Lenses together for just $27.
Buy the Mastering Photography bundle for just $36.
Buy Up Close, Mastering Photography, Mastering Lenses, Mastering Exposure and The Creative Photographer together for just $45.
Here are some sample pages from the book.
Mastering Photography ebook
Title: Mastering Photography: A Beginner’s Guide to Using Digital Cameras
Length: 100 double page spreads
Words: approx 28,000
Format: PDF. You can view Mastering Photography using free Adobe reader software on any PC or tablet. You can also read Mastering Photography on the iPad using iBooks – the eBook has been optimised for iPad viewing.
-The Creative Triangle
-Behind The Photo
-Steel Wool Spinning Explained
-A Stylish Portrait
-A Peaceful Landscape
Find Your Way Around the Mode Dial
-Finding the Mode Dial
-Automatic Exposure Modes
-What Aperture Does
-What Shutter Speed Does
-What ISO Does
-The Exposure Triangle
-Exposure In Action
-Using Programmed Auto (P)
-Using Aperture Priority (A)
-Using Shutter Priority (S)
-Preventing Camera Shake
-More About the Mode Dial
-Recap (The Mode Dial)
-Keeping Picture Styles Simple
-The Picture Style settings
-The Monochrome Picture Style
-Picture Style Tips
-White Balance In-Camera
-Keeping White Balance Simple
Color Management And Calibrating Your Monitor
Understanding The Histogram
-The Highlight Alert
Thanks for reading. You can get more great articles and tips about photography in my popular Mastering Photography email newsletter. Join today and I’ll send you 47 PhotoTips cards and my ebook Introducing Lightroom Classic . Over 30,000 photographers subscribe. Enter your email now and join us.