STORE > MASTERING LIGHTROOM: BOOK ONE – THE LIBRARY MODULE (2ND EDITION)
(all prices in USD)
Note: This ebook is written for Lightroom 4, Lightroom 5, Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC (2015). It comes with the free ebook What’s New In Lightroom Classic CC? which explains the new naming convention and new features in Lightroom Classic CC.
Perhaps the biggest advantage of Lightroom over programs like Photoshop is that Lightroom gives you control over your entire workflow, from the moment you import photos from your camera’s memory card through to processing your Raw files and exporting images. Yet most photographers seem to go straight to the Develop module, and push the task of learning how to use the Library module to the side.
Mastering Lightroom: Book One – The Library Module (2nd edition) changes that. It shows you how to use the Library Module to import, organise and search your images. This important task lays the foundation for the work you do in Lightroom. Mastering the Library module ultimately saves you time, which you can spend either in the Develop module or with your camera. Either way, you end up with more hours to be creative.
This second edition expands on the material presented in the first, going into greater detail and including an in-depth look at Lightroom mobile, showing you how to integrate it into your workflow.
Mastering Lightroom: Book One – The Library Module (2nd edition) is written for you.
- It explains how to use the Library module in simple language anyone can understand.
- It’s easy to read. The pages are laid out and beautifully illustrated, making it easier for you to learn.
- It has depth and will become an invaluable reference guide as you learn to use the Library module.
- It has practical solutions and will show you how to take control of your growing photo collection and get it organised so that it’s easy to find the image you want when you need them.
- It is full of useful tips and suggestions for getting the most out of the Library module’s hidden features.
- It covers Lightroom mobile, Lightroom web and shows you how to use them to improve your workflow.
- It covers Lightroom 4, Lightroom 5, Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC (2015), including all the latest features.
- It comes with a new ebook that explains all the new features in Lightroom Classic CC.
What you will learn
- How Lightroom can help you take control of your photos and get them organized.
- The important things you need to know before using the Library module for the first time. This section helps you get into the best habits right from the start.
- The new additions to Lightroom 5, Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC that set them apart from earlier versions of Lightroom.
- How to organize your Raw files so that it is quick and easy to make regular backups.
- How to import images and use presets to save you time. Which settings you should use so that Lightroom runs as fast as possible.
- The benefits of the DNG format and why I recommend that you convert your Raw files to DNG.
- How the Lightroom Catalog works and why it is such a good way of organizing and processing images.
- What the Grid, Loupe, Compare and Survey views are and how to use them.
- How to search and organize your images.
- How to use Collections, Collection Sets and Smart Collections. Why Collections are so important and how you can use them wisely to organise your images and save time. One of the key sections of the ebook shows you how to use Collections to narrow hundreds of photos from a shoot down to a handful of strong images for processing.
- How to rate images, and use flags and color labels.
- What each of the left and right hand panels in the Library module does, and how to use them.
- How to use the Lightroom Publish Services to export images to your hard drive, or to websites like Flickr, Facebook and 500px.
- How to use Koken and the Lightroom Publish Services to create your own photography portfolio website.
- How to use the new People View feature to tag faces and automatically identify people in your photos.
- How to use Lightroom mobile and Lightroom web to set up a portable and efficient workflow on your mobile device.
Download your copy today
Click the Buy Now button to make your purchase and start reading your copy of Mastering Lightroom: Book One – The Library Module (2nd edition) right away. Payment is by PayPal or credit card.
What others are saying
“I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your book. I bought it this morning and have been reading all day. I am an experienced Lightroom user and have been using it since day one. I have purchased several video training courses and countless books/ebooks.
Your book is by far the best that I have read. No kidding, you explained some of the stuff on 2012 Process and exposure that I could never keep straight. The chart on shadows/blacks/whites/highlights and where they kick in is priceless. Really great.” – Jim
“Just wanted to say thanks for your extremely helpful books – particularly the Mastering Lightroom series. They’re a great starting point in creating a workflow which is far better than just a ‘this is how it works’ sort of guide. It’s been eye-opening and useful, even for a rank amateur home hobbyist.” – Nancy
“I found Mastering Lightroom Book Two amazing… I sat at the computer going from your book to Lightroom, practicing each part in the process. Your book made it so easy to understand each part!
I will be recommending your books without hesitation.” – Pearl
The Mastering Lightroom ebook bundles
Buy the Introducing Lightroom Bundle for just $18.
Buy the Mastering Lightroom Three Ebook Bundle for just $27.
Or buy all five Mastering Lightroom ebooks together for $39 – that’s less than $8 per ebook!
I’m so confident that my ebooks will help improve your photography that I give you an unconditional guarantee. If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with your purchase just let me know within two months and I’ll refund the purchase price in full, no questions asked.
Here are some sample pages from the book.
Mastering Lightroom Book One: The Library Module (second edition)
Title: Mastering Lightroom: Book One – The Library Module (second edition)
This ebook covers the Library module in Lightroom 4, Lightroom 5, Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC (2015). It comes with the free ebook What’s New In Lightroom Classic CC? which explains the new naming convention and new features in Lightroom Classic CC.
Length: 230 double page spreads
Words: approx 51,000
Format: PDF. You can view Mastering Lightroom using free Adobe reader software on any PC or tablet. You can also read Mastering Lightroom on the iPad using iBooks – it has been optimised for iPad viewing.
What is Lightroom?
-The transition to Lightroom
Advice to new Lightroom users
The workflow advantage
-Organizing Raw files
Two versions of Lightroom
Introducing the Lightroom Library module
-The Lightroom modules
-Customizing the identity plate
Getting started: Importaing images
-How Lightroom works: a brief overview
-Beginning the import
Using the Library module
-The power of the Lightroom Catalog
-The purpose of the Library module
-The most selected image
-Selecting folders or Collections
-Viewing focus points in Lightroom
-How to make Lightrooom faster
The left hand panels
-Working with panels
-The Folders panel
-The Collections panel
-Putting it together: Importing Raw files
-Collections and Virtual Copies
-Collections and projects
-The Catalog panel
The right hand panels
-Quick Develop panel
-Keywording and Keyword List panels
-The metadata panel
The Lightroom Publish Services
-Hard Drive Publish Service
-Flickr Publish Service
-Facebook, Behance and 500px
-Other useful plugins
Introducing Lightroom mobile
-A brief guide to Lightroom mobile and Lightroom web
-How Lightroom mobile works
-The history of Lightroom mobile
-Getting started in Lightroom mobile
-Applying flags and ratings
-Lightroom mobile workflow
-Workflow 1: Lightroom CC to Lightroom mobile
-Workflow 2: Lightroom mobile to Lightroom CC
-Workflow 3: Photosmith to Lightroom CC (iOS only)
What’s new in the Lightroom module?