STORE > MASTERING LIGHTROOM: BOOK TWO – THE DEVELOP MODULE
(all prices in USD)
Note: This ebook is written for Lightroom 4, Lightroom 5 and Lightroom 6. It comes with the free ebook What’s New In Lightroom Classic CC? which explains the new naming convention and new features in Lightroom Classic CC. Some elements of the ebook are out of date (hence the low price) but it still contains a lot of good information. The newest version of this ebook, Mastering Lightroom Classic – The Develop Module, is going to be published in a few months. Join our newsletter to be the first to know when it’s ready.
From its humble beginnings Lightroom has grown to become the primary application for processing Raw files for many photographers. The most recent version is more powerful than ever, but with processing power goes complexity. Lightroom can be confusing for newcomers, especially those used to working in Photoshop and for who Lightroom represents an entirely new approach to processing images. Even experienced users may not appreciate the full power of this amazing program.
Mastering Lightroom: Book Two – The Develop Module shows you how to use the tools in the Develop module to get the most out of your Raw files. It builds on the lessons learnt in Mastering Lightroom: Book One – The Library Module and shows you how to use Lightroom’s powerful features to creatively process your images. You’ll be amazed how easy Lightroom is to use once you’re familiar with it and just how much it speeds up your workflow compared to other applications.
Mastering Lightroom: Book Two – The Develop Module is written for you.
- It covers Lightroom 4, Lightroom 5 and Lightroom 6.
- It explains how to use the Develop module in simple language anyone can understand.
- It’s easy to read. The pages are laid out and beautifully illustrated, making it easier for you to learn.
- It has depth and will become an invaluable reference guide as you learn to use the Develop module.
- It is practical and shows you how to marry technique with creativity to make the most out of your Raw files.
- It comes with a new ebook that explains all the new features in Lightroom Classic CC.
What you will learn
- What you need to know before you start using the Develop module. This section helps you get into good habits from the beginning.
- My recommended workflow for working in Lightroom.
- How to use the new HDR merge and Panorama merge tools in Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC (2015).
- How to use the Camera Calibration panel and why monitor calibration is so important.
- How to use the tools in the Basic panel to control colour and tonal values.
- What the Tone Curve is and how to use it.
- Why the histogram is important and what it tells you.
- How to let Lightroom automatically correct optical aberrations such as barrel distortion, chromatic aberrations and vignetting.
- How to take control of color in your images, and apply cross-processing inspired and vintage style color effects.
- Why Lightroom is such a powerful tool for reducing noise.
- How to use the Graduated and Radial filters to make local adjustments, including the new combine with Adjustment Brush feature in Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC (2015).
- How to use the Adjustment Brush for dodging, burning and other applications.
- How to retouch portraits without using a plug-in.
- How to crop and what aspect ratios mean for you.
- How to use and create Develop Presets to speed up your workflow.
- How to use the Snapshots and History panels.
- Why Virtual Copies are such a good idea and how you can use them to get more out of Lightroom’s creative tools.
- The best ways to export photos ready for use in other programs.
Note: This ebook doesn’t cover black and white conversions as these are covered in Mastering Lightroom: Book Three – Black & White.
Download your copy today
Click the Buy Now button to make your purchase and start reading your copy of Mastering Lightroom: Book Two – The Develop Module right away. Payment is by PayPal or credit card.
What others are saying
“I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your book. I bought it this morning and have been reading all day. I am an experienced Lightroom user and have been using it since day one. I have purchased several video training courses and countless books/ebooks.
Your book is by far the best that I have read. No kidding, you explained some of the stuff on 2012 Process and exposure that I could never keep straight. The chart on shadows/blacks/whites/highlights and where they kick in is priceless. Really great.” – Jim
“Just wanted to say thanks for your extremely helpful books – particularly the Mastering Lightroom series. They’re a great starting point in creating a workflow which is far better than just a ‘this is how it works’ sort of guide. It’s been eye-opening and useful, even for a rank amateur home hobbyist.” – Nancy
“I found Mastering Lightroom Book Two amazing… I sat at the computer going from your book to Lightroom, practicing each part in the process. Your book made it so easy to understand each part!
I will be recommending your books without hesitation.” – Pearl
The Mastering Lightroom ebook bundle
Buy all five Mastering Lightroom ebooks together for $20 – that's just than $5 per ebook!
I’m so confident that my ebooks will help improve your photography that I give you an unconditional guarantee. If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with your purchase just let me know within 60 days and I’ll refund the purchase price in full, no questions asked.
Here are some sample pages from the book.
Mastering Lightroom Book Two: The Develop Module
Title: Mastering Lightroom: Book Two – The Develop Module
This ebook covers the Library module in Lightroom 4, Lightroom 5, Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC (2015). It comes with the free ebook What’s New In Lightroom Classic CC? which explains the new naming convention and new features in Lightroom Classic CC.
Length: 211 double page spreads
Words: approx 33,000
Format: PDF. You can view Mastering Lightroom using free Adobe reader software on any PC or tablet. You can also read Mastering Lightroom on the iPad using iBooks – it has been optimised for iPad viewing.
Advice for new Lightroom users
-Before you start
-A useful exercise
-Working with panels
-The Camera Calibration panel
-The Lens Corrections panel
-The Basic panel
-Basic panel: White balance
-Basic panel: Tonal controls
-A closer look at the Histogram
-The Presence sliders
-The Tone Curve panel
-The Effects panel
-The HSL / Color / B&W panel
-The Split Toning panel
-The Detail panel
-The Adjustment Brush
-The Graduated Filter
-The Radial filter
-The Crop Overlay
-The Spot Removal tool
The left-hand panels
-The Navigator panel
-The Presets panel
-The Snapshots and History panels
More from the Develop module
-Using Virtual Copies in Lightroom
-Useful Develop module shortcuts
-Processing photo files