STORE > MASTERING LIGHTROOM CLASSIC: THE LIBRARY MODULE
(all prices in USD)
Meet the ultimate guide to Lightroom Classic’s Library module!
Perhaps the biggest advantage of Lightroom Classic over programs like Photoshop is that Lightroom Classic gives you control over your entire workflow, from the moment you import photos from your camera’s memory card through to processing your Raw files and exporting images. Yet most photographers seem to go straight to the Develop module, and push the task of learning how to use the Library module to the side.
Mastering Lightroom Classic: The Library Module changes that. It shows you how to use the Library Module to import, organize and search your images. These important tasks lay the foundation for the work you do in Lightroom Classic. Mastering the Library module ultimately saves you time, which you can spend more creatively in the Develop module or with your camera.
Mastering Lightroom Classic: The Library Module is written for you.
- It explains how to use the Library module in simple language anyone can understand.
- It’s easy to read. The pages are laid out and beautifully illustrated, making it easier for you to learn.
- It’s massive – the book is 283 pages long and is the ultimate guide to using Lightroom Classic’s Library module.
- It has practical solutions and will show you how to take control of your growing photo collection and get it organized so that it’s easy to find the images you want when you need them.
- It is full of useful tips and suggestions for getting the most out of the Library module’s hidden features.
- It covers all the new features in Lightroom Classic.
- It comes with free lifetime updates.
What you will learn
- How Lightroom Classic can help you take control of your photos and get them organized.
- What the twelve key skills you need to use the Library module properly are.
- The important things you need to know before using the Library module for the first time. This section helps you get into the best habits right from the start.
- How to organize your photo files so that it is quick and easy to make regular backups.
- How to import images and use presets to save you time.
- Which settings you should use so that Lightroom runs as fast as possible.
- The benefits of the DNG format and why I recommend that you convert your Raw files to DNG.
- How the Lightroom Classic Catalog works and why it is such a good way of organizing and processing images.
- What the Grid, Loupe, Compare and Survey views are and how to use them.
- How to search your images.
- How to use Collections, Collection Sets and Smart Collections.
- Why Collections are so important and how you can use them wisely to organize your images and save time. One of the key sections of the ebook shows you how to use Collections to narrow hundreds of photos from a shoot down to a handful of strong images for developing.
- How to rate images, and use flags and color labels.
- What each of the left and right hand panels in the Library module does, and how to use them.
- How to use the Lightroom Classic Publish Services to export images to your hard drive, or to Instragram or Flickr.
- How to use Koken and the Lightroom ClassicPublish Services to create your own photography portfolio website.
- How to use the People View feature to tag faces and automatically identify people in your photos.
- How to use plugins to extend Lightroom Classic’s search and organizational tools.
Download your copy today
Click the Buy Now button to make your purchase and start reading your copy of Mastering Lightroom Classic: The Library Module right away. Payment is by PayPal or credit card.
Free lifetime updates *
You’re not just buying an ebook – you get free lifetime updates! I’ll update the ebook when Adobe adds new features to the Library module, and send you an email with the download link.
What others are saying
“I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your book. I bought it this morning and have been reading all day. I am an experienced Lightroom user and have been using it since day one. I have purchased several video training courses and countless books/ebooks.
Your book is by far the best that I have read. No kidding, you explained some of the stuff on 2012 Process and exposure that I could never keep straight. The chart on shadows/blacks/whites/highlights and where they kick in is priceless. Really great.” – Jim
“Just wanted to say thanks for your extremely helpful books – particularly the Mastering Lightroom series. They’re a great starting point in creating a workflow which is far better than just a ‘this is how it works’ sort of guide. It’s been eye-opening and useful, even for a rank amateur home hobbyist.” – Nancy
“I found Mastering Lightroom Book Two amazing… I sat at the computer going from your book to Lightroom, practicing each part in the process. Your book made it so easy to understand each part!
I will be recommending your books without hesitation.” – Pearl
Save money and buy Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book One – The Library Module and Mastering Lightroom: Book Two – The Develop Module together for just $19 (click here to learn more about Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book Two – The Develop Module).
The Mastering Lightroom Classic bundle
Save money and buy Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book One – The Library Module, Mastering Lightroom: Book Two – The Develop Module and Mastering Lightroom: Book Three – The Other Modules together for just $29.
Or buy Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book One – The Library Module, Mastering Lightroom: Book Two – The Develop Module, Mastering Lightroom: Book Three – The Other Modules and Lightroom Secrets Course Notes for just $58.
The Ultimate Lightroom Classic bundle
Or buy our Ultimate Lightroom bundle for just $99. This bundle includes our three premium preset packs as well as our three Lightroom Classic ebooks.
I’m so confident that my ebooks will help improve your photography that I give you an unconditional guarantee. If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with your purchase just let me know within 60 days and I’ll refund the purchase price in full, no questions asked.
Here are some sample pages from the book.
Mastering Lightroom Classic: The Library Module
Title: Mastering Lightroom Classic: The Library Module
This ebook covers the Library module in Lightroom Classic. It doesn’t cover the Lightroom desktop app (formerly known as Lightroom CC).
Length: 280 double page spreads
Words: approx 75,000
Format: PDF. You can view Mastering Lightroom using free Adobe reader software on any PC or tablet. You can also read Mastering Lightroom Classic on the iPad using iBooks – it has been optimised for iPad viewing.
1. Introduction: What is Lightroom Classic CC?
2. Lightroom Classic CC Basics
2.1 What’s new in Lightroom Classic CC?
2.2 The Lightroom modules
2.3 Lightroom shortcuts
3. Introducing the Lightroom Library module
3.1 Twelve key Lightroom Library module skills you need to learn
3.2 What is the Lightroom Catalog (key skill #1)?
– How to back up your Lightroom Catalog
– Why you should use a single Catalog (key skill #2)
3.3 The Library Module user interface
– Taking control of the Lightroom workspace
– Configure panels
– Customizing the Identity Plate
4. Getting started: Importing images
4.1 Organizing and backing up photo files (key skill #3)
4.2 How to tidy up a messy folder structure
4.3 The Import window (key skill #4)
4.4 What is DNG? (key skill #5)
4.5 The File Handling panel
– Build Previews (key skill #6)
– Build Smart Previews
– Don’t Import Suspected Duplicates
– Make a Second Copy to
– Add to Collection
– How to import photos faster with Embedded & Sidecar previews
4.6 The File Renaming panel
– File renaming ideas
4.7 The Apply During Import panel
– Develop Settings
4.8 The Destination panel
4.9 Import Presets
5. Using the Library module
5.1 The purpose of the Library module
5.2 After the import
– How to view your imported photos
– Full-screen mode
5.3 The Toolbar
5.4 View modes
– Grid View
– Compact Cells
– Expanded Cells
– View Options
– Lights out
– Selecting photos in Grid View
– Loupe View
– Customizing Loupe View
– Mirror image mode
– The Loupe overlay
– Compare View
– Survey View
– People View
5.5 Stacking images
– Stacking Virtual Copies
– Auto-Stack by Capture Time
– Auto-Stacking and your Lightroom workflow
5.6 Rating images (key skill #7)
– Flagging images
– Star ratings
– Color Labels
– The Painter
5.7 How to rename photos in the Library module
5.8 Viewing focus points in Lightroom
6. The left-hand panels
6.1 The Navigator panel
6.2 The Catalog panel
6.3 The Folders panel
6.4 The Collections panel (key skill #8)
– Collections, Collection Sets and
– How to use Collections to edit photos (key skill #9)
– Collections and projects
6.5 The Publish Services panel
– Hard Drive Publish Service
– Flickr Publish Service
7. How to search photos in Lightroom
7.1 How to find photos with the Filter bar (key skill #10)
– The Filter bar and Library filters
– How to search photos using the Filter bar
– Advanced ways to use Lightroom Library Filters
– Useful ideas for Lightroom Filter bar searches
7.2 Searching photos with Smart Collections
7.3 How to use keywords in Lightroom (key skill #11)
– Nine reasons to use keywords
– How to create keyword lists
7.4 How to add keywords in Lightroom
7.5 How to use the Keyword List panel
7.6 How to use Keyword Sets
7.7 Hierarchical keywords
8. The other right-hand panels
8.1 The Histogram panel
8.2 The Quick Develop panel
8.3 The Metadata panel
9. How to export photos in Lightroom
9.1 Why we export photos
9.2 The Export window (key skill #12)
10. Plugins and the Plugin Manager
– How to install Lightroom plugins
– Jeffrey Friedl plugins
– John Beardsworth plugins
– The Duplicate Finder and Teekesselchen plugins
– The LR/Instagram Plugin
– The Lenstagger plugin
11. Extra Library Module features, tools and tips
11.1 The what, how and why of synchronized Collections
– What is a synchronized Collection?
– How to synchronize Collections
– Where synchronized Collections appear
– How to synchronize Smart Collections
11.2 How to use two monitors in Lightroom
11.3 How to merge Lightroom Catalogs
11.4 Why does Lightroom take up so much space on my hard drive?
11.5 How to move Lightroom to another computer and back up all settings
– How to back up your Lightroom settings
– How to install Lightroom on another computer
11.6 How to upgrade to Lightroom Classic CC from Lightroom 6
11.7 How to reinstall earlier versions of Lightroom
11.8 How to make Lightroom faster
* Free lifetime updates. This means you get free updates of Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book One – The Library Module as long as the following conditions are met.
- Our shopping cart software provider SendOwl doesn’t go out of business.
- Adobe keeps updating Lightroom Classic.
- You buy Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book One – The Library Module from our website, and not as part of a third-party bundle.
- The author is alive and healthy.