STORE > MASTERING LENSES
(all prices in USD)
The Mastering Lenses ebook is written for everybody who wants to learn how to use their lenses to create better photos.
Buying a new lens can be one of the most difficult choices you make as a photographer. How do you know which lenses are a good buy if you can’t try them out beforehand? Why do some lenses cost so much and others so little? Should you buy a zoom lens or a prime? Is that superzoom a good a deal as it seems?
Lens choice is one of the most important aesthetic decisions that we make as photographers. We all need to learn to how to get the best out of the lenses that we already own. As you get to know your lenses, and understand the effect of focal length and aperture on the aesthetics of the photo, you will learn how to use them to create dramatic, eye-catching images. Mastering Lenses shows you how even a humble kit lens can create beautiful landscapes, portraits, close-up and travel photos.
Then there is the decision about which lens (or lenses) to buy next. Whether your budget is $100 or $10,000 there is a lens for you – this book helps you make wise buying decisions. Most importantly, it shows you how to build a good lens collection without spending lots of money.
Mastering Lenses is written for you.
- It shows you how to get the best out of the lenses you already own.
- It’s easy to read. The pages are laid out and beautifully illustrated, making it easier for you to learn.
- The buying guide helps you decide which lenses to buy in the future, and how to save money while doing so.
- It has depth and will become an invaluable reference guide you’ll return to again and again.
What you will learn
- Why your kit lens is better than you think it is.
- How to explore the creative potential of wide-angle lenses.
- How the choice of lens and focal length affect the aesthetics of your images.
- What gear envy is and why you don’t need the most expensive lenses to make good photos.
- Why you don’t have to spend a fortune on new lenses to get good image quality.
- The relationship between field-of-view and crop factor.
- Which lenses are the best to use for travel photography.
- The key differences between zoom lenses and primes.
- Why a 50mm prime lens could be one of the least expensive and most versatile lenses you ever own.
- The benefits of using short telephoto lenses for close-up, portrait, landscape and travel photography.
- How telephoto lenses can improve your composition.
- How to obtain that shallow depth-of-field look with zoom lenses as well as primes.
- What bokeh is and how to use it creatively.
- Why lens choice is related to autofocus performance and how to tweak the autofocus performance of your lenses.
- How to use teleconverters and extenders.
- What Image Stabilizer technology is and how it can help you take sharper photos.
- How to focus accurately with your lenses using autofocus.
- How to focus accurately with your lenses using manual focus.
- How mirrorless cameras are revolutionizing lens design.
- How to calculate and use the hyperfocal distance in landscape photography.
- What causes lens flare and how to prevent it.
- How to use software to correct optical lens aberrations.
- Why you should test your lenses to find the best aperture to use.
- The six types of lens you can buy for your camera.
- How to buy a new lens. This section alone will return the price of the book many times over.
Download your copy today
Click the Buy Now button to make your purchase and start reading your copy of Mastering Lenses right away. Payment is by PayPal or credit card.
What others are saying
“I purchased your new ebook; brilliant.” – Paul
“I love your ebooks and have become a much better photographer thanks to you.” – Hugh
I’m so confident that my ebooks will help improve your photography that I give you an unconditional guarantee. If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with your purchase just let me know within two months and I’ll refund the purchase price in full, no questions asked.
Save money with the following bundles.
Buy Mastering Photography and Mastering Lenses together for just $18.
Buy Mastering Photography, Mastering Exposure and Mastering Lenses together for just $27.
Buy the Mastering Photography bundle for just $36.
Here are some sample pages from the book.
Mastering Lenses ebook
Title: Mastering Lenses: A Photographer’s Guide to Creating Beautiful Photos With Any Lens
Length: 151 double page spreads
Words: approx 38,000
Format: PDF. You can view Mastering Lenses using free Adobe reader software on any PC or tablet. You can also read Mastering Composition on the iPad using iBooks – it has been optimized for iPad viewing.
Why your kit lens is better than you think
-Kit lens image gallery
-Angle-of-view and crop factor
-Getting creative with wide-angle lenses
-Jasmine the weaver
Aperture and prime lenses
-Where aperture comes from
Short telephoto lenses
-Todd the flute maker
-The best lens for travel photography
-Teleconverters and extenders
-Image Stabilizers and camera shake
How to focus accurately
-Autofocus in SLR cameras
-Autofocus in mirrorless cameras
-Landscape photography and hyperfocal distance
-Lens corrections in software
Lens buying guide
-The six types of lens you can buy
-How to buy a lens
-Which three lenses do you need for photography?