Would you like to learn more about Lightroom Classic? Then you’ve come to the right place! These tutorials will help you master Lightroom and learn how to use it to manage and develop your photos.
Important note: These tutorials are written for Lightroom Classic, but most of the material applies to older versions such as Lightroom 5 and Lightroom 6.
We’ve organized our Lightroom Classic tutorials according to topic to help you find the information you need right away.
And of course don’t forget to check out our Lightroom Classic ebooks and Develop Presets
Lightroom Classic FAQs
Your questions about Lightroom Classic, answered.
- Lightroom Classic FAQs
- Lightroom FAQs
- Six Common Lightroom Classic Questions Answered
- Eight Benefits of Using Lightroom Classic
- Six Hidden Features of Your Lightroom Classic Subscription
- Why Does Lightroom Take Up So Much Space? (Part 1)
- Why Does Lightroom Take Up So Much Space? (Part 2)
- How To Clean Up Lightroom Classic
- Our Ten Most Popular Lightroom Classic Tutorials In 2019
- Our Ten Most Popular Lightroom Classic Tutorials In 2020
Not strictly related to Lightroom Classic, but backing up your photos is an essential part of any photographer’s workflow.
Lightroom Classic Library module tutorials
Lightroom Library module tips
- 12 Key Lightroom Classic Library Module Skills You Need To Learn
- 10 Essential Lightroom Classic Tips For Photographers
- Four Things You Should Know About the Lightroom Library Module
- Are You Making These Lightroom Classic Mistakes?
Importing photos into Lightroom Classic
- How To Save Time Importing Photos Into Lightroom
- Import Photos Faster With A Photo Mechanic And Lightroom Workflow
Using previews in Lightroom Classic
- The Ultimate Guide to Using Smart Previews in Lightroom Classic
- The Complete Guide To Lightroom Classic Previews
Viewing photos in Lightroom Classic
- How To Use The Lightroom Survey View
- How to Find Your Best Photos With Lightroom Compare View
- Five Hidden Features of the Lightroom Loupe View
- Take Control of Lightroom’s Grid View
Understanding the Lightroom Classic Catalog
- What is the Lightroom Catalog?
- How To Merge Lightroom Catalogs
- The Secrets Of Lightroom Classic’s Catalog Panel Revealed
- How To Export Photos From Lightroom Classic
How to get organized in Lightroom Classic
Other Library module tips
- The Ultimate Guide to Renaming Photos in Lightroom
- How To Find Duplicate Images In Lightroom
- How To Use The Show Focus Points Plugin In Lightroom
- How To Add Watermarks In Lightroom Classic
- How to Upload Photos to Instagram With the LR/Instagram Plugin
- How To Find Useful Lightroom Classic Plugins
How to find photos in Lightroom Classic
- Lightroom Search Lesson #1: How To Find Photos In Lightroom With The Filter Bar
- Lightroom Search Lesson #2: Advanced Ways To Use Lightroom Library Filters
- Lightroom Search Lesson #3: Useful Ideas For Lightroom Filter Bar Searches
How to use keywords in Lightroom Classic
- Lightroom Keywords Lesson #1: Nine Reasons To Use Keywords in Lightroom
- Lightroom Keywords Lesson #2: How To Create Keyword Lists In Lightroom
- Lightroom Keywords Lesson #3: How to Add Keywords in Lightroom
- Lightroom Keywords Lesson #4: How to Use the Keyword List Panel in Lightroom
- Lightroom Keywords Lesson #5: How to Use Keyword Sets In Lightroom
- Lightroom Keywords Lesson #6: How to Use Hierarchical Keywords In Lightroom
Lightroom Classic Develop module tutorials
The technical stuff
- How to Make Lightroom Classic Run Faster
- How to Make Lightroom Classic Faster Using DNG
- Why Lightroom Classic Profiles Matter
- How To Use Reference View In Lightroom Classic
- Why Bit Depth Matters
Develop module tips and tricks
- The 15 Step Lightroom Classic Workflow
- 14 Hidden Lightroom Classic Shortcuts
- Six Lightroom Hidden Tricks You (Probably) Didn’t Know
- Three Lightroom Classic Develop Module Tips
- Using Snapshots In Lightroom Classic
- How To Use The Lightroom Classic Profile Browser
- Range Masking In Lightroom Classic (Advanced Color and Luminance Masks at your Fingertips)
- How to Use the Tone Curve Panel in Lightroom Classic
- How To Use Noise Reduction In Lightroom Classic
- Get Creative With Color In Lightroom Classic
- How to Color Grade Photos in Lightroom Classic
- 5 Smart Ways To Use Virtual Copies in Lightroom Classic
- Four Ways to Use the Lightroom Classic Histogram
Lightroom Classic workflow tips
- How To Work Faster With Lightroom Presets
- My Lightroom Workflow (Graham Hunt, Photojournalist)
- My Lightroom Workflow (A Professional Portrait Photographer’s Perspective)
Portrait retouching in Lightroom Classic
Creative developing techniques
- How to Emulate Instagram Filters in Lightroom
- How To Use The New Texture Slider In Lightroom Classic
- How To Make Better Photos With Local Adjustments In Lightroom Classic
Black & white in the Develop module
- Seven Common Black and White Photography Mistakes in Lightroom Classic
- How To Develop Better Black and White Photos In Lightroom
- How To Dodge And Burn Black And White Photos In Lightroom Classic
- Make Better Black and White Photos in Lightroom Classic with Clarity
- How to Create the Black & White Matte Look in Lightroom
- How to Tone Black & White Photos in Lightroom Classic with the Color Grading Panel
- Split Toning Black & White Photos in Lightroom 6
- 5 Reasons to Develop Black and White Photos in Lightroom Classic
How to use Develop Presets in Lightroom Classic
- The Ultimate Guide to Using Lightroom Develop Presets
- How to Use The SuperBlack Presets For Lightroom
- How To Use The Faded Glory Presets For Lightroom
- How to Develop Portraits in Lightroom With the Vintage Portrait Presets
Lightroom Classic plugins
- How to Choose a Black and White Plugin for Lightroom Classic
- A Brief Guide To Silver Efex Pro 2
- How To Bring Old Processes Back To Life With Topaz B&W Effects
- Introducing Alien Skin’s Exposure X4
- How To Fade Presets With The Opal Lightroom Plugin
- Speed Up Your Lightroom Classic Workflow With the Excessor Plugin
- Why I Use Exposure X5 for Black and White
Other Lightroom Classic modules
- Three Ways To Get Creative With Synced Collections in Lightroom Classic
- Six Tips For Finding Your Best Photos In Lightroom Classic
- Five Reasons To Use The Book Module In Lightroom Classic
- Create Amazing Layouts In Lightroom Classic’s Print Module
- How To Make A Simple Photo Book In Lightroom Classic’s Book Module
- Is Lightroom Classic’s Web Module Obsolete?
- Nine Useful Things To Do In Lightroom For Web
Lightroom for mobile app
- Seven Ways to Use Lightroom for Mobile
- How to Post Photos to Instagram From Lightroom Classic Using the Lightroom for Mobile app
If you subscribe to Lightroom Classic then Photoshop (plus a whole bunch of other extras) is included with your plan. These tutorials show you how to do some fun stuff in Photoshop that isn’t possible in Lightroom Classic.
- How To Create A Painterly Effect In Photoshop With Custom Brushes
- How To Make Beautiful Desktop Wallpapers In Photoshop
- The Power Of Using Luminosity Masks In Photoshop
Lightroom Classic ebooks, presets and video courses
Take your Lightroom Classic training up a notch with our ebooks, presets and video courses.
Our photography ebooks are beautifully designed and thoughtfully written with the intention of helping you create better images and explore the wonderful craft of photography. They’re also great value. Each ebook is available for immediate download as a PDF file optimised for viewing on your computer screen or an iPad.
You can learn more about our Lightroom Classic resources below. Click the links to learn more about each one.
Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book One – The Library Module
Learn how to use the Library Module to import, organize and search your images. This important task lays the foundation for all the work you do in Lightroom Classic.
Mastering the Library module ultimately saves you time, which you can spend either in the Develop module or with your camera. Either way, you end up with a streamlined workflow and more hours to be creative.
Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book Two – The Develop Module
Discover how to use the tools in the Develop module to get the most out of your Raw files. It builds on the lessons learnt in Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book One – The Library Module and shows you how to use Lightroom Classic’s powerful features to creatively process your images.
You’ll be amazed how easy Lightroom Classic is to use once you’re familiar with it and just how much it speeds up your workflow compared to other applications.
Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book Three – The Other Modules
If you’ve ever wondered what to do with your photos after you have processed them then this book contains the answers. It shows you how to use Lightroom Classic’s powerful features to create fun and interesting projects using the Map, Book, Slide show, Print and Web modules.
Whether it’s geotagging, putting together a photo book, printing your best photos or creating web galleries all the information (and inspiration) you require is right here.
Lightroom Secrets Course Notes
The Lightroom Secrets Course Notes ebook brings together all 20 lessons of the Lightroom Secrets Email Course in one place.
I wrote this ebook for everybody who wants to learn the secrets, tips and tricks that nobody ever seems to teach you about Lightroom.
It builds on the lessons learned in the Mastering Lightroom ebooks and website tutorials, giving you the tools you need to become a true Lightroom master.
SuperBlack Presets for Lightroom Classic
60+ Develop Presets to help you create stunning black and white photos in Lightroom Classic or Lightroom 6.
Vintage Portrait Presets for Lightroom Classic
Have you ever tried to develop portraits in Lightroom Classic and been disappointed with the results? Do your portraits look artificial or plasticky rather than natural? The Vintage Portrait Presets solve that problem. Created with portrait photographers in mind, they give you 31 different vintage looks you can apply to your portraits with a single mouse-click.
Faded Glory Presets for Lightroom Classic
Desaturated colors have their own beauty that’s often under-utilized and under-appreciated by photographers.
Made with creative photographers in mind, these presets give you 30 different faded looks you can apply to your photos with a single mouse-click.
The Art of Black & White in Lightroom Classic
A Creative Photographer Academy video course that teaches you how to create stunning black and whitep phoots in Lightroom Classic or Lightroom 6.