Whether you’ve bought a new lens for your camera and want to know how to get the best from it, or you’re wondering which lens to buy next for your camera, or you simply want to make the most out of the lenses you already own, these lens tutorials will help. Make sure you read our lens buying guide before buying a new lens for your camera.
Buying camera lenses
These tutorials will help you buy your next camera lens. I’ve also written about the lenses that I’ve owned and used over the years. There’s no adverts – just plain, common sense buying advice!
- My Ten Best Lens Buying Tips For Photographers
- Why You Should Buy a Standard Lens For Your Camera
- How to Buy and Use Vintage Lenses
- Fujinon Lenses I Own
- Canon Lenses I Have Owned
- How To Protect Your Cameras And Lenses From Theft And Register With Lenstag
How to use your camera lenses
You don’t always need to buy a new lens to become a better photographer. Sometimes you just need to learn how to get the best from the lenses you already own. These tutorials will help you do that.
- How to Improve Your Photography by Using Only Two Camera Lenses
- How To Pick The Best Camera Lens For Any Situation
- Why A Normal Lens Is Perfect For Travel Photography
- How Focal Length and Aperture Affect Composition
- Are Primes or Zooms the Best Street Photography Lenses?
- How to Use a Wide-angle Lens for Street and Travel Photography
- What’s The Best Lens For Family Portraits?
- Seven Creative Ways To Use A Wide-Angle Lens
- Get Creative With Lensbaby Lenses
- Six Ways To Use Wide-Angle Lenses Creatively
Camera lenses and autofocus
To get the most out of your camera’s autofocus system you need to understand how it works. These tutorials will help.
Lenses and close-up photography
Learn how to take beautiful close-up photos with close-up lenses and extension tubes.
- How To Take Amazing Close-Up Flower Photos
- How To Get Up-Close With Extension Tubes
- How To Get Up Close With Close-Up Lenses
- How to Make Stunning Close-Up Photos at Home
- How to Digitize Negatives and Slides With a Lightbox and Macro Lens
- How to Use Live View and Electronic Viewfinders for Better Macro and Close-Up Photography
Join our 5 Steps to Better Close-Up Photography free email course!
Start your close-up photography journey now. Get five free lessons plus weekly tips and tips when you join our newsletter. No spam, ever!
Our photography ebooks are beautifully designed and thoughtfully written with the intention of helping you create better images and explore the wonderful craft of photography. They’re also great value. Each ebook is available for immediate download as a PDF file optimised for viewing on your computer screen or an iPad.
Mastering Lenses ebook
Lenses are the ‘eyes’ of your camera. Once you understand how lenses ‘see’ you can harness their creative potential to create eye-catching and dramatic images.
Mastering Lenses teaches you how to get the best out of your camera lenses to photograph subjects such as people, architecture and the landscape. Part technical and part buyers guide, it teaches you everything you need to know about buying new lenses – including why you don’t have to spend a fortune on a new lens to get good image quality.