Our landscape photography tutorials teach you how to make better landscape photos. Especially if you like working in black and white. Of course, you’ll find these interesting and useful if you work in color as well.
The black and white landscape
Any fan of Ansel Adams knows that there’s a long tradition of working in black and white for landscape photography. These tutorials will help you create beautiful and dramatic black and white landscapes.
- Seven Ways to Make Better Black and White Landscape Photos
- How to Use Texture to Make Better Black & White Landscape Photos
- How to Find Interesting Locations for Black & White Landscape Photography
- Why I Did An Infrared Conversion To My X-Pro 1 Camera
- How to Add Foreground Interest to Make Your Landscape Photos Better
- What I Learned About Landscape Photography in Northern Spain
Other landscape photography tutorials
- How To Take Better Landscape Photos
- How To Take Low Light Landscape Photos
- Get Creative With Intentional Camera Movement
- Four Unconventional Ideas For Improving Your Landscape Photography
Long exposure landscape photography
Long exposure landscape photography is a hot subject right now. These tutorials will help you get started and become better at it.
Join our 5 Steps to Better Landscape Photography free email course!
Start your landscape photography journey now. Get five free lessons plus weekly tips and tips when you join our newsletter 🙂 No spam, ever!
Black and white landscape photography ebooks and video courses
Our photography ebooks are beautifully designed and thoughtfully written with the intention of helping you create better images and explore the wonderful craft of photography. They’re also great value. Each ebook is available for immediate download as a PDF file optimised for viewing on your computer screen or an iPad.
Our video courses are available on our sister website The Creative Photographer Academy.
Learn more about black and white landscape photography with our ebooks and video courses. Click the links to learn more about each one.
The Black & White Landscape ebook
This ebook explores the techniques you need to take good quality monochrome landscapes. It also covers advanced topics like long exposure photography and infrared photography in depth.
The Black & White Landscape Companion ebook
The Black & White Landscape Companion ebook contains case studies with twelve talented black and white landscape photographers including Håkan Strand, Trevor Cotton and Arnaud Bertrande.
The Art of Black & White in Lightroom Classic
A Creative Photographer Academy video course that teaches you how to create stunning black and white photos in Lightroom Classic or Lightroom 6.
Note: This course covers all aspects of black and white photography, not just landscape photography.