Exposure is an important skill that every photographer needs to learn. Our exposure tutorials help you with both basic and advanced exposure techniques.
Popular exposure tutorials
These are some of our most popular exposure tutorials.
- Exposure Lesson #1: How to Choose an Exposure Mode
- Exposure Lesson #2: Why Cameras Get Exposure Wrong
- Exposure Lesson #3: Does the Metering Mode Matter?
- Exposure Lesson #4: Manual Mode
- Exposure Lesson #5: How to Read a Camera Histogram
- Exposure Lesson #6: Exposing to the Right
- Exposure Lesson #7: Exposure Compensation Or Manual Mode?
- Exposure Lesson #8: How To Use Bulb Mode Successfully
- Exposure Lesson #9: What is ISO in Digital Photography?
Other exposure tutorials
- Get Creative With Aperture Priority Mode
- Get Creative With Shutter Priority Mode
- Get Creative With A 30 Second Shutter Speed
- Get Creative With Intentional Camera Movement
- Why You Shouldn’t Be Afraid Of Your Camera’s High ISO Settings
Mastering Exposure ebook
Have you ever wondered why it’s so easy to under- or overexpose your photos even with the latest digital camera and most advanced metering modes? Or why your camera has so many exposure modes, and what each one does?
Mastering Exposure explains the principles of exposure so that you understand why your camera doesn’t always get the exposure right and when you, the photographer, has to step in and override the camera’s settings.
Your digital camera has many advanced tools to help you get exposure spot on. This ebook shows you how to use them and gives you practical steps to take to cope with any lighting situation.
Thanks for reading. You can get more great articles and tips about photography in my popular Mastering Photography email newsletter. Join today and I’ll send you 47 PhotoTips cards and my ebook Introducing Lightroom Classic . Over 30,000 photographers subscribe. Enter your email now and join us.