You’re mastered exposure, you know how to use your lenses and you’re pretty good at composition. So, what’s next? That’s where developing your creativity comes in. Our creative photography tutorials will help.
Popular creative photography tutorials
- Four Ways to Unblock Photographic Creativity
- More Ways to Unblock Your Photographic Creativity
- The Power of Personal Photography Projects
- Four Creative Photography Exercises To Make You A Better Photographer
- Three Photography Ideas To Set Up A Productive Year Of Creativity
- How To Make Interesting Photos
- Four Ways To Stop Making Boring Photos
- How to Get Your Photos Published in Photography Magazines
- Get Creative With Lensbaby Lenses
- How To Be A Better Photographer This Year
- How To Make An Impressive Photography Portfolio
- How to Choose Photos that Work Together as Prints and Photo Book Layouts
- How Curiosity and Patience Make You a Better Photographer
- How To Get Out Of A Photography Rut With Creative Assignments
- How to Build a Body of Work
- How To Prepare Your Photos For Self-Critique
- How To Critique Photos Constructively
- Two Alternatives To The Rule of Thirds
- How To Think Of Photography Project Ideas
Favorite photos of the year
One of the best exercises you can do to help you develop as a photographer is pick your best photos from the previous year. The best time to do this is at the end of each year, but it’s an exercise you can try at any time. These tutorials will help.
- Creative Photography Exercise: Your Ten Best Photos From 2021
- Creative Photography Exercise: Your Best Ten Photos From 2020
- Creative Photography Exercise: Your Best Ten Images From 2019
- My Favorite Photos From 2018
- My Favorite Photos From 2017
- Creative Exercise: Your Best Ten Images From 2016
Creative photography projects
Test your photography skills with a creative project.
- How to Make Stunning Close-Up Photos at Home
- Get Creative With A 30 Second Shutter Speed
- How To Take Beautiful High Key Flower Photos
- Creative Challenge: Painting With Light
- How To Take Amazing Close-Up Flower Photos
- How To Do Frozen Object Photography At Home
- How To Create A Painterly Effect In Photoshop With Custom Brushes
- Creative Photography Exercise: Make Your Own Photo Book
Web design projects
Every photographer deserves to have their own photography website. When are you going to start work on yours?
Creativity and composition ebooks
Our photography ebooks are beautifully designed and thoughtfully written with the intention of helping you create better images and explore the wonderful craft of photography. They’re also great value. Each ebook is available for immediate download as a PDF file optimised for viewing on your computer screen or an iPad.
Learn more about creativity, photographic composition and learning to see with our creativity and composition ebooks. Click the links to learn more about each one.
The Creative Photographer ebook
Do you struggle with the creative side of photography? Are you wondering what to take photos of this week, or how you can make this year’s photos better than those you took last year?
The Creative Photographer explores seven ways that you can become a better photographer by focusing on the creative aspects of photography.
Mastering Composition Book One ebook
Mastering Composition takes you on a journey beyond the rule of thirds and explores all the principles of composition you need to understand in order to create beautifully designed and emotive photos.
Mastering Composition Book Two ebook
Mastering Composition Book Two is for photographers who want to move beyond the so called rules and learn the deeper principles of composition.
It builds on the lessons learned in Mastering Composition and gives you the tools you need to compose dramatic photos that capture mood and atmosphere.
Square explores the square format from the digital photographer’s perspective. It shows you how to use the square format on your camera, and how to make the most out of what I think of as the fine art photographer’s format.