This is the magazine for people who love photography, are passionate about Lightroom and love learning. We’re here to help you with your photography, no matter what level you’re at. Subscribe today for instant access to every back issue of Creative Photographer Magazine, plus a new issue every month.
- Learn about composition, exposure, light and more with our photography tutorials.
- Master Lightroom and learn how to create beautiful photos with our Lightroom Classic tutorials.
- Includes Q&A – your questions answered.
What is Creative Photographer Magazine?
At the end of each month we collate the tutorials published on our website and create the Creative Photographer Magazine. Each issue also includes the Q&As from our Mastering Photographer newsletter.
The magazine comes in PDF form so it’s easy to read on your computer, tablet or phone.
Subscribing to our magazine means that you get your very own copy of our Lightroom Classic and photography tutorials, not to mention Q&A, to keep forever.
All for just $20 a year.
How do I get access?
Easy – subscribe to Creative Photographer Magazine and we’ll send you an email with a download link for every available issue, plus the Beyond Thirds and The Evocative Image ebooks. Then every month we’ll send you a reminder when the next issue is ready to download.
Plus, if you subscribe by February 29, 2020, you get your first year for just $15! (Subsequent years are billed at $20 each).
Your subscription includes access to these issues of Creative Photographer Magazine:
- January 2020
- How To Make Better Photos Using Layers In Composition
- Three More Ways To Add Depth To Your Photos
- Why A Normal Lens Is Perfect For Travel Photography
- December 2019
- How To Make A Simple Photo Book In Lightroom Classic’s Book Module
- Is Lightroom Classic’s Web Module Obsolete?
- Creative Photography Exercise: Your Best Ten Images From 2019
- November 2019
- The 15 Step Lightroom Classic Workflow
- How To Make Better Photos With Local Adjustments In Lightroom Classic
- How To Use The Lightroom Classic Profile Browser
- October 2019
- Three Ways To Get Creative With Synced Collections in Lightroom Classic
- Six Tips For Finding Your Best Photos In Lightroom Classic
- Five Reasons To Use The Book Module In Lightroom Classic
- Create Amazing Layouts In Lightroom Classic’s Print Module
- Creative Challenge: Painting With Light
- Three Lightroom Classic Develop Module Tips
- September 2019
- Get Creative With A 30 Second Shutter Speed
- How To Take Beautiful High Key Flower Photos
- How To Clean Up Lightroom Classic
- How To Get Up-Close With Extension Tubes
- August 2019
- Are You Making These Lightroom Classic Mistakes?
- Get Creative With Aperture Priority Mode
- Six Common Lightroom Classic Questions Answered
- Get Creative With Shutter Priority Mode
Beyond Thirds and The Evocative Image
Just for you – your subscription includes our ebooks Beyond Thirds and The Evocative Image. Download and read right away.
The aim of these ebooks is to help you understand how composition and light work together so you can create moody, dramatic photos.
This is what you’ll learn:
- What the rule of thirds in composition is, where it comes from and how you can move beyond it.
- How and when to use balance in composition.
- How to work with multiple focal points in the same photo.
- How to create dynamic composition using diagonal lines.
- How to use shapes to add interest to composition.
- How to use simplicity, space and subtlety to add sophistication to your composition.
- Why working the subject helps you create better photos.
- How to use golden hour light to create moody photos.
- What the blue hour is and how to use it in landscape photos.
- How to shoot into the light to add mood.
- Why color is such a powerful tool for creating mood.
- How to capture mood with slow shutter speeds.
- Why backgrounds are so important in photography.
- How to create moody images with wide apertures.
These ebooks are written for you.
- They show you how color, light and composition come together to create dramatic and powerful photos.
- They are easy to read and will make you a better and more purposeful photographer.
- Both ebooks have creative exercises that help you go out and put the lessons into action.
- They have depth and will become an invaluable reference guide you’ll return to again and again as your understanding of composition deepens.