This is the magazine for people who love photography, are passionate about Lightroom Classic and love learning. We’re here to help you with your photography, no matter what level you’re at. Subscribe today for instant access to every back issue of Creative Photographer Magazine, plus a new issue every month.
Just $25 a year
A Creative Photographer magazine subscription is great value at just $25 a year. Subscribe today and your subscription is locked in at this price forever.
- Learn about composition, exposure, light and more with our photography tutorials.
- Master Lightroom and learn how to create beautiful photos with our Lightroom Classic tutorials.
- Includes exclusive subscriber articles (from the December 2020 issue).
- Enter our monthly Readers’ Challenge to win prizes.
- Includes Q&A – your questions answered.
- Easy to print out selected tutorials if you want a hard copy.
What is Creative Photographer Magazine?
At the end of each month we collate the tutorials published on our website and create the Creative Photographer Magazine. Each issue also includes the Q&As from our Mastering Photographer newsletter, a reader competition with prizes and an extra article exclusively for subscribers.
The magazine comes in PDF form so it’s easy to read on your computer, tablet or phone.
Subscribing to our magazine means that you get your very own copy of our Lightroom Classic and photography tutorials, not to mention Q&A, to keep forever.
All for just $25 a year.
Beautifully designed articles
The newest issues (December 2020 onwards) have been completely redesigned. The articles are easier to read and the photos easier to look at and compare.
Take part in our new feature – the Readers’ Challenge! Each month we give you a new challenge and the opportunity to get published in next month’s magazine. This month’s challenge is color and the best photo wins an ebook from our store. Subscribe today for your chance to enter!
Readers’ Challenge results
Every month we publish the best photos entered into our Readers’ Challenge. The winning photo wins a prize – an ebook of the photographer’s choice from our store.
Every month (from the December 2020 issue) there’s a bonus article exclusively for magazine subscribers.
How do I get access?
Easy – subscribe to Creative Photographer Magazine and we’ll send you an email with a download link for every available issue, plus the Beyond Thirds and The Evocative Image ebooks. Then every month we’ll send you a reminder when the next issue is ready to download.
Your subscription includes instant access to these issues of Creative Photographer Magazine, plus the next 12 issues:
- April 2021
- How To Make Better Black & White Photos With Texture
- Five Reasons Every Photographer Should Try Black & White Photography
- The Best Lightroom Classic Alternatives for Black and White Photography
- Behind the Photo: Creative Walks
- Readers’ Challenge: Flowers
- Readers’ Challenge results: Black & White Textures
- March 2021
- How To Make An Impressive Photography Portfolio
- Composition and Filling the Frame
- 5 Reasons to Develop Black and White Photos in Lightroom Classic
- Behind the Photo: Color and Style
- Readers’ Challenge: Black & White Textures
- Readers’ Challenge results: Frames
- February 2021
- Four Composition Mistakes All Photographers Make
- Photographing Children The Simple Way
- Four Ways to Use the Lightroom Classic Histogram
- Four Creative Photography Exercises To Make You A Better Photographer
- Behind the Photo: Unanswered Questions
- Readers’ Challenge: Frames
- Readers’ Challenge Results: Color
- January 2021
- Creative Photography Exercise: Your Best Ten Photos From 2020
- How To Be A Better Photographer This Year
- Seven Ways to Make Better Black and White Landscape Photos
- Behind the Photo: Abandonment (new!)
- Readers’ Challenge: Color (new!)
- Readers’ Challenge Results: Black & White (new!)
- December 2020
- Complete magazine redesign!
- Seven Creative Ways To Use A Wide-Angle Lens
- How To Photograph Young Children Outdoors
- Get Creative With Lensbaby Lenses
- 5 Smart Ways To Use Virtual Copies in Lightroom Classic
- Behind the Photo: Potosi (new!)
- Readers’ Challenge: Black & White (new!)
- Readers’ Challenge Results: Trees (new!)
- November 2020
- Nine Useful Things To Do In Lightroom For Web
- How to Get Your Photos Published in Photography Magazines
- Get Creative With Color In Lightroom Classic
- How to Color Grade Photos in Lightroom Classic
- Reader Challenge: Trees (new!)
- October 2020
- How To Make Better Black And White Photos
- How To Use Noise Reduction In Lightroom Classic
- Four Ways To Stop Making Boring Photos
- Split Toning Black & White Photos in Lightroom 6
- How to Tone Black & White Photos in Lightroom Classic with the Color Grading Panel
- September 2020
- Four Ways To Develop Your Visual Intuition
- The 15 Day Photography Composition Challenge
- Why You Shouldn’t Be Afraid Of Your Camera’s High ISO Settings
- How To Make Interesting Photos
- August 2020
- Four Unconventional Ideas For Improving Your Landscape Photography
- How to Use Live View and Electronic Viewfinders for Better Macro and Close-Up Photography
- How to Use the Tone Curve Panel in Lightroom Classic
- July 2020
- Seven Common Black and White Photography Mistakes in Lightroom Classic
- Why I Use Exposure X5 for Black and White
- Get Creative With Intentional Camera Movement
- How To Export Photos From Lightroom Classic
- June 2020
- Exposure Lesson #9: What is ISO in Digital Photography?
- How to Move Photos and Folders in Lightroom Classic
- What Is A Pancake Lens And Should You Buy One?
- May 2020
- Eight Benefits of Using Lightroom Classic
- How To Find Useful Lightroom Classic Plugins
- How to Digitize Negatives and Slides With a Lightbox and Macro Lens
- Range Masking In Lightroom Classic (Advanced Color and Luminance Masks at your Fingertips)
- April 2020
- How to Make Stunning Close-Up Photos at Home
- How To Create A Painterly Effect In Photoshop With Custom Brushes
- A Secure Photo Backup Strategy For Photographers
- Six Hidden Features of Your Lightroom Classic Subscription
- How To Do Frozen Object Photography At Home
- March 2020
- How To Take Beautiful Black & White Photos
- How To Improve Your Black And White Photography
- How To Dodge And Burn Black And White Photos In Lightroom Classic
- February 2020
- 15 Composition Tips For Better Photos
- Three Photography Ideas To Set Up A Productive Year Of Creativity
- How To See In Black and White
- January 2020
- How To Make Better Photos Using Layers In Composition
- Three More Ways To Add Depth To Your Photos
- Why A Normal Lens Is Perfect For Travel Photography
- December 2019
- How To Make A Simple Photo Book In Lightroom Classic’s Book Module
- Is Lightroom Classic’s Web Module Obsolete?
- Creative Photography Exercise: Your Best Ten Images From 2019
- November 2019
- The 15 Step Lightroom Classic Workflow
- How To Make Better Photos With Local Adjustments In Lightroom Classic
- How To Use The Lightroom Classic Profile Browser
- October 2019
- Three Ways To Get Creative With Synced Collections in Lightroom Classic
- Six Tips For Finding Your Best Photos In Lightroom Classic
- Five Reasons To Use The Book Module In Lightroom Classic
- Create Amazing Layouts In Lightroom Classic’s Print Module
- Creative Challenge: Painting With Light
- Three Lightroom Classic Develop Module Tips
- September 2019
- Get Creative With A 30 Second Shutter Speed
- How To Take Beautiful High Key Flower Photos
- How To Clean Up Lightroom Classic
- How To Get Up-Close With Extension Tubes
- August 2019
- Are You Making These Lightroom Classic Mistakes?
- Get Creative With Aperture Priority Mode
- Six Common Lightroom Classic Questions Answered
- Get Creative With Shutter Priority Mode
Beyond Thirds and The Evocative Image
Just for you – your subscription includes our ebooks Beyond Thirds and The Evocative Image. Download and read right away.
The aim of these ebooks is to help you understand how composition and light work together so you can create moody, dramatic photos.
This is what you’ll learn:
- What the rule of thirds in composition is, where it comes from and how you can move beyond it.
- How and when to use balance in composition.
- How to work with multiple focal points in the same photo.
- How to create dynamic composition using diagonal lines.
- How to use shapes to add interest to composition.
- How to use simplicity, space and subtlety to add sophistication to your composition.
- Why working the subject helps you create better photos.
- How to use golden hour light to create moody photos.
- What the blue hour is and how to use it in landscape photos.
- How to shoot into the light to add mood.
- Why color is such a powerful tool for creating mood.
- How to capture mood with slow shutter speeds.
- Why backgrounds are so important in photography.
- How to create moody images with wide apertures.
These ebooks are written for you.
- They show you how color, light and composition come together to create dramatic and powerful photos.
- They are easy to read and will make you a better and more purposeful photographer.
- Both ebooks have creative exercises that help you go out and put the lessons into action.
- They have depth and will become an invaluable reference guide you’ll return to again and again as your understanding of composition deepens.