STORE > THE CANDID PORTRAIT
(all prices in USD)
The Candid Portrait ebook is written for everybody who wants to learn how to create better portraits in the street.
There are lots of questions that photographers have when starting out in street photography. Is it safe? How do you take photos of people without them noticing? What lenses should you use? Do you need model release forms? What are your legal rights?
And most importantly – how do you make beautiful photos that capture the atmosphere and vitality of the street?
The Candid Portrait takes you on a journey through the world of street and travel photography. It explores the principles and concepts that will help you create stunning photos.
You need to be so familiar with the way your camera works that it becomes an extension of your eye. Once your camera ceases to get in the way you can focus on capturing the extraordinary moments that all street photographers search for.
Then you should get into the mindset of the successful street and travel photographer. The best photographers understand life on the street and how to connect with the people they meet.
The strongest photos are created when the you master the technical and emotional sides of street and travel photography.
This ebook is presented in 20 easy to digest lessons and includes case studies with photographers Barbara Asboth and Peter Dareth Evans.
The Candid Portrait is written for you.
- It explores the principles of street and travel photography that you need to understand to create beautiful portraits of people in the street.
- It’s easy to read. The pages are laid out and beautifully illustrated, making it easier for you to learn.
- It’s very practical. You can treat each chapter as a creative exercise and go out and put it into practice.
- It has depth and will become an invaluable reference guide you’ll return to again and again as your understanding of portrait photography deepens.
What you will learn
- How to create candid portraits that capture character.
- When the law is on your side, and when it isn’t.
- What the best camera for street photography is, and why ultimately the camera you use doesn’t matter.
- How to use telephoto, standard and wide-angle lenses in street photography.
- How to use Shutter Priority and Manual Mode to obtain the perfect exposure.
- How to master autofocus so you don’t have to worry about focus.
- How becoming an observer of life makes you a better street photographer.
- How to get in the right frame of mind for street photography.
- How the 100 strangers project can improve your street photography and help you connect with people.
- How to approach people in the street and ask them for a portrait.
- How to take candid portraits without being noticed.
- The key differences between taking photos at home and abroad.
- Why you need to understand the subtleties of light.
- How to connect with people though culture.
- How making friends helps you make better photos in the street while travelling.
- How to choose between colour and black and white.
Download your copy today
Click the Buy Now button to make your purchase and start reading your copy of The Candid Portrait right away. Payment is by PayPal or credit/debit card.
Save money with the following bundles.
Buy The Creative Photographer and The Candid Portrait together for just $18.
Buy Mastering Lenses, Mastering Exposure, Mastering Composition and The Candid Portrait together for just $36.
Buy Mastering Photography, Mastering Lenses, Mastering Exposure, Mastering Composition and The Candid Portrait together for just $45.
Buy seven Mastering Photography ebooks together for just $63.
Or you can buy the Mastering Photography Thirteen Ebook Bundle for just $108.
I’m so confident that my ebooks will help improve your photography that I give you an unconditional guarantee. If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with your purchase just let me know within six months and I’ll refund the purchase price in full, no questions asked.
Here are some sample pages from the book.
The Candid Portrait ebook
Title: The Candid Portrait: A Photographer’s Guide to Candid Street & Travel Photography
Length: 159 double page spreads
Words: approx 34,000
Format: PDF. You can view The Candid Portrait using free Adobe reader software on any PC or tablet. You can also read The Candid Portrait on the iPad using iBooks – it has been optimized for iPad viewing.
1. The philosophy of street and travel photography
2. What you need to know before you start
3. What’s the best camera for street photography?
4. Using telephoto lenses for street and travel photography
5. Using short telephoto and standard lenses
6. How to use a wide-angle lens for street photography
7. Camera modes and exposure
8. Focusing techniques for street photography
9. Become an observer of life
10. How to get in the right frame of mind for street photography
Case Study: Barbara Asboth
11. How to make portraits in the street
12. On the road
13. Close to home
14. Find a rich environment
15. Understand the subtleties of light
16. Children in the street
17. How to connect with people through culture
18. How making friends can help you be a better street photographer
19. How the square format can improve your street photography
20. Color or black and white?
Case Study: Peter Dareth Evans