STORE > BEYOND THE CAMERA
(all prices in USD)
Note: If you’re a Creative Photographer Magazine subsriber then Beyond the Camera is included in your subscription. Click here for details.
Beyond the Camera contains 25 essays packed full of practical ideas that you can apply to your creative processes, to become the photographer that you want to be.
The book comes in two sections. The first, How to be a Better Photographer, explores the ideas that you can use to improve your photography and be more creative.
The second, Behind the Photo, takes some of my favorite images and explains the processes and thoughts that went into them.
Between them both you’ll get plenty of ideas that you can put into action for yourself, starting today.
Beyond the Camera is written for you:
- The book is packed with tried and tested ideas that get real world results.
- It has depth – you’ll come back to it again and again as you put the advice in the essays into action.
- It’s beautifully laid out and easy to read, with any jargon or hard to understand terms.
- It’s full of big, colorful and inspirational photos.
What you will learn
The aim of Beyond the Camera is to help you grow as a creative photographer.
These are some of the things you’ll learn in the book:
- Why the creative process isn’t a mystery, but a set of techniques that you can put into action yourself.
- How to improve your photography by working with projects and mini projects.
- The benefits of making sets of photos rather than individual images.
- Why you shouldn’t chase iconic images.
- The link between quality and quantity in photography (it’s probably not what you think).
- How slowing down helps you become a better photographer.
- How to look at other peoples’ photos.
- Where ideas come from.
- Why you need to take time to be uncreative.
- Why it’s a good idea to work with limitations.
Download your copy today
Click the Buy Now button to make your purchase and start reading your copy of Beyond the Camera right away. Payment is by PayPal or credit card.
What others are saying
“I purchased your new ebook; brilliant.” – Paul
“I love your ebooks and have become a much better photographer thanks to you.” – Hugh
I’m so confident that my ebooks will help improve your photography that I give you an unconditional guarantee. If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with your purchase just let me know within two months and I’ll refund the purchase price in full, no questions asked.
The Beyond the Camera bundle
Save money with the following bundle:
Buy Beyond the Camera and 100 Creative Photography Assignments together for just $18
Here are some sample pages from the book.
Beyond the Camera ebook
Title: Beyond the Camera
Length: 64 double page spreads
Words: approx 17,000
Format: PDF. You can view Beyond the Camera using the free Adobe reader software on any PC or tablet. You can also read it on the iPad using iBooks – it has been optimized for iPad viewing.
How to be a better photographer
1. Sets of six
2. Quantity and quality
3. Slow down
4. Do mini projects
5. Find your own path
6. Look at photos slowly
7. Complete your projects
8. Where ideas come from
9. Bad beginnings
10. Take time to be uncreative
11. Extend your range
Behind the photo
14. Unanswered questions
15. Color and style
16. Creative walks
17. Mehrangarh fort
18. Playa de las Catedrales
19. Powderham Castle
21. Creativity and infrared
22. Last light
24. Island Bay ICM
25. Ordinary places